In the past 20 days, many people have taken measures that it seemed only the most hardcore players of "Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars" would ever consider.
Back in late March, I wrote that I was the 34th person of 95 to have ...
1) Completed Rockstar Games' DS debut, "Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars"
2) Gone onto the developer's registration-required Rockstar Social Club website
3) Hooked their DS to Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection
4) Synced their stats
5) Received an unlock prompt over wi-fi that two statues had sprouted in the game
6) Found the statues
7) And then synced their stats with the Social Club a second time.
Maybe it was amazing that even 95 people did all that? The reward was two new missions in the game, missions that I thought were pretty good.
I checked the Rockstar Social Club today to see just how many more people had done all that. The count, as of this writing, is 1,912.
That's a lot of people to have jumped through all those hoops -- but it's also a small enough number that if you've played those two bonus missions you can consider yourself to be in rare company.